Saturday 22 September 2012

RIOT ABOUT IT







If riot girl was real life.
I am embraced by indeterminate sexual preference. I like to dress like a man to be seen as strong and mysterious. Men will be attracted to me if I act like assholes to them.. or maybe I like women now I want to express my sexuality openly.. I am a feminist and I will be angry at a man for being a man. I will read Valerie Solans' S.C.U.M manifesto and I will not wear dresses if my mother tells me too. I will play bass and I will express my opinion.

crazy talk. no
this is riot grrl


 The most modern phenomena of riot grrl to date is probably the Pussy Riot band that erected in 2012 in Soviet Russia. Although these girls may shave their legs, and may not crush men with steel cap boots. these women are ANGRY and this is the basis to the riot gurl movement
other modern 2000's bands for pussy riot could also include.. warpaint, best coast, the vivian girls and the dum dum girls. a whole lot of woman.



I started listening to riot girl bands around 2011 when I had just moved out of home. Riot gurl bands that I listened to included Bikini Kill, bratmobile and le tigre.. others that come under this similar sound could include pony up and even cat power.
 Although.. I would like to say this subculture changed me.. I can't say it did. I did shave my hair off a year a later for no real legitmate reason except by the fact that I wanted to be a punk. however, in the case of being a riot gurrl in real life. in the flesh. the subculture has too many contradictions, that extreme feminism embraces, that is unfair to use in 2012 where gender equality exists.. well almost exists. I mean.. it is true gender equality will never be true equality and maybe this is wrong however.. if I was a man, I would have a hard time understanding a woman.

Don't get me wrong I love being a woman but even today with the feminist blood flowing through us we still want chivalry.. but we also  independence.
we still want to be seen as mysterious creatures.. but we also want to be noticed.
As complex as it is being a woman I wouldn't have it any other way even if we are walking contradictions.


power to the pussy and that
Clare





 






No comments:

Post a Comment